Nicholas (“Nick”) Mester joined Avanessy Giordano LLP in January 2020. Prior to that time, he spent nearly 10 years at a reputable downtown Toronto insurance defence law firm where he represented insurance companies in personal injury matters.
He completed his law degree at Case Western Reserve University. He was called to the Ohio Bar in 2005 and the Ontario Bar in 2009.
Throughout the decade of experience he had representing major insurance companies, Nick offers the experience and insight of how insurance companies operate and defend claims. He now applies this knowledge to maximize compensation for his clients and assist those with serious injuries.
Nick has successfully argued numerous contested Motions and Applications in the Superior Court of Justice and Workplace Safety and Insurance Tribunal. In addition, he appeared as lead counsel on several Jury Trials in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice. He has also argued appeals before the Divisional Court of Ontario and Court of Appeal of Ontario.
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member of the Ohio Bar (inactive)
- Lichtenstein v. Bathurst Towers / 2011 – successful verdict as lead counsel.
- Saleh v. Nebel / 2015 – successful verdict as lead counsel.
- Jugmohan v. Royle / 2015 – successful verdict as lead counsel.
- Jugmohan v. Royle/2016: – successful verdict as lead counsel – Court of Appeal.
- Chretien v. Ryder Truck Rental Canada Limited / 2015 – successful Motion for coverage.
- Successfully argued a contested matters at the Workplace Safety and Insurance Tribunal.
- Successfully argued various contested Motions in the Superior Court of Justice.
- Successfully conducted various trials in Small Claims Court.
- Speaker and Author of “Winning the Threshold Defensible Case” – Presentation and Paper for the OTLA Spring Conference 2020.
- Spending Time with his family
- Watching Leafs Hockey
CONTACT NICHOLAS TODAY
Our firm has built its reputation on exceptional client service and results. Give us a call today and let’s talk about getting you the professional representation you deserve.
Fill out the contact form to the right if you would like to speak with someone about your case. After you hit submit, a representative from our office will contact you promptly.